Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Longing...

Longing...


As i stand alone and watch the sun go down
Its just another day, i think and frown

Just another day of loneliness and wait
making me wonder whats making him so late

The days go by, the nights are long
my leaves are gone and i am not that strong

The winters made me weak and frail
I still look out for that one persons trail

He left long ago, without even telling me
When i woke up the next day i saw only me

My reflection on the water was blur
As i could not see with all the tears

I cried his name out loud
I found myself alone in the crowd

One by one they all disappeared, the water is gone
i stand alone waiting for him to come home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beautiful writing ...u know it's not even a coincidence im sure coz there are no accidents/ coincidences in the universe :) I read your post and scrolled down on FB to see Krishna Das's new album name ..." Heart as wide as the world " ...so i thot of writing to u ...as much as it is tough to let go of ppl ...if you choose to have a heart as wide as the world and let love flow from wherever it is meant to touch your heart ...the longing over time vanishes and you feel blessed and loved. Could relate to every word of what you wrote felt similar emotions for years ...they do crop up in some weak moments yet however i experience so much love from sources i never considered earlier so doesn’t hurt as much and feel healed :)
Here's get a glimpse of KD's new album is beautiful
http://www.krishnadas.com/

Cheers !
Payal
PS : Just too the liberty to share …hope it is ok :)